Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

15 weeks later

A lot has happened since I wrote last. Let's see... we had a baby girl, accepted a job in Idaho, packed up a house, went to two weddings outside of Michigan, and MOVED across country to the Northwest! We always did want to "try out" the west so here we are...

We are now living in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in a cute little house on a 10 acre property right outside of the city. T.J. is working for Idaho Fish & Game and is a Fisheries Research Biologist. I am a SAHM and loving it! :) T.J. is really liking his job and his exact words were, "If I had to dream up the perfect job when I was at Cornell this would be it."- what great words to hear!

Coeur d'Alene is so great... in a lot of ways it reminds us of Ithaca which is so great. We just went to a lighting ceremony in downtown CDA (the easy way to type Coeur d'Alene) last weekend and it was so fun. There is a parade and then they have a presentation of carolers before the countdown of the fireworks (which is choreographed with music) and then all of the million + lights are lit. Teagan did really well- We just bundled her up in a marshmallow suit and she was fine!

If you are friends with me on FB then you see pictures of Teagan uploaded almost every day. :) I can't help it. She is just so darn cute. I literally have over a thousand pictures on my phone and half of them are probably of her. :) Teagan is the light of our life. Like everyone says... you have no idea the love you will have for your child until they make their appearance and it is so true. There are many mornings when I am holding her and praying that my eyes fill up with tears and sometimes I cry because I just love her so much and I can't imagine anything bad ever happening to her. She makes me the most thankful person on this planet. I could go on and on about what a blessing she is... trust me. The Lord really blessed us with such an easy going, non-fussy baby who likes to sleep! We definitely have had our hard times with breast feeding and tummy issues but we have overcome all of that and she is doing so great. Hello, she is like a big butterball! She has more rolls than I can count and I LOVE THEM. She probably gets a thousand kisses a day from me.

I need to finish Teagan's birth story. I told myself I was going to type it all out so I wouldn't ever forget it and I think I'm only a 1/3 of the way through it. Teagan's delivery went amazing. I had her ON her due date... what a good little girl. :) I had to be induced because my water was breaking (or leaking really) and because of the risk of infection they have to induce you within 24 hours of this. T.J., my mom, and Mike and Debbie were at the hospital with us and the birth of Teagan was better than I EVER could have imagined. There were some "hiccups" in the whole process but overall it was perfect. I still think about all of my nurses and thank God for them. They made our experience so great and truly have a gift for nursing. I wish we could have all of our children at Henry Ford West Bloomfield and have the nurses that we had.

 

 
So now we are trying to get into the groove of things. This is T.J.'s forth week of work if I'm not mistaken. I'm still trying to tie up all of our loose ends here and get my driver's license in Idaho, get my tags... all of that fun stuff. I didn't know this but I had to take a test to get my driver's license here! Thankfully I passed. :) I just missed two.

T.J. and I are going "home" for Christmas and we are SO EXCITED about seeing everyone. Teagan misses her grandparents and aunts and uncles! She is smiling ALL THE TIME and even laughing some for us. People are going to EAT HER UP in Oklahoma, I'm sure of that!

Well... that is pretty much what is going on for us right now! We think we have potentially found a church we would like to "plug into". It's called Coeur d'Alene Bible Church and reminds us a lot of the church we went to in Ithaca. Just a bunch of believers meeting together to study God's word! There are a lot of classes, bible studies, home groups and fun events the church has put together and so we are excited about diving in and meeting some young adult families just like us.

One last thing- we love to Skype (our user name is NYNEWBIES) and we'd love to Skype with you if you have it too!

Much love and enjoy the pictures... :)

T.J.'s "new" truck- our first diesel truck, runs like a champ!
 

Teagan loves to sit up in her Bumbo chair, she feels like a big girl in it.
 

Hanging out with mommy


This picture just cracks me up. T.J. saw it and he was like WOW could Teagan BE any bigger?! She just looks like the world's cutest butterball here!! BTW it was SO GREAT to see some of my dear friends from SNU when I was home in Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago. So many of us have had kids around the same age so it is super fun to get them together and get pictures!
 

 These are the times I treasure. She is just a little angel I tell you!


 One of the first things I told T.J. was that I didn't want to move to Idaho b/c of the mountain lions. He assured me that they are few and far between (ha!) and that we'd never see one. I get a call his FIRST WEEK on the job and someone had brought this in to tag it...


T.J. showed me and Debbie his office.
 
 

 T.J.'s first day at work- right outside our house.


The cutest little stretcher
 

Our tater tot!
 

Teagan's first time at church in CDA, ID

1 comment:

  1. Your post is awesome, Kelly! It made my day.

    Hope you have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas with Teagan and your family. I'm so happy you love Idaho.

    Will you please send me your new address to my e-mail:
    ematthews7@carolina.rr.com

    Love to all of you,
    Earleen (a.k.a Gramaleen)

    ReplyDelete