Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Egg Nog

Love me some Egg Nog!!! So T.J. asked for a glass and I thought I'd pour myself a mug as well. I think I downed it all before he had taken his second drink! OH MY WORD. That was so great. Kind of like heaven in your mouth :) My mom is going to have Braums Egg Nog at home for us- right mom? :) We miss Braums! Why is Egg Nog so great? Is there actually raw eggs in there? Can't be right?? I'm a little clueless about the ingredients.

So FOUR DAYS until we're in O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!!!!!!!! :) I probably won't pack until Thursday night... :) I love traveling. Anyone else enjoy going airport to airport- finding your gate, grabbing snacks- reading a nice new book? :) THAT IS ME! T.J. said he enjoys it too. I do get nervous about ACTUALLY flying though. I still don't get the math on how we stay up there... We decided we are going to have to get our Mexican fix RIGHT when we get to OK :) We are heading for Ted's for dinner around 5:30 that Friday night! :) I can't wait to see family and friends. I'm SO EXCITED. Can you tell? :)


So we went to Cooperstown, NY this past weekend. We had a great time. We went with a couple from church- Micah and Heidi. They have a PRECIOUS 3 yr old and 3 month old. It was nice to meet Micah's family and feel part of a family. We walked out in the cold a lot :) and the snow was a lot better then here in Ithaca.


Last night we had about 4 younger couples over from church and that was great as well. I feel so blessed for all the people God has already put in me and T.J.'s life out here in NY. We are not forgotten! :) We give all the glory to God.


My computer is taking forever to upload videos but I'm going to try to upload some random pics/videos that we've taken lately.


We are watching Micah and Heidi's cat named Boy :) (Frances named him) over the break and we are SO GLAD b/c since we'll be gone for 9 days Ace will have a friend to play with. Let me tell you I wish we would've had our video camera out this morning b/c we could've won a nice price on America's Funniest Home Videos. Ace and Boy are HILARIOUS together. Boy is very crazy like Ace (black too) and they literally will leap 5 ft from the recliner to the floor to tackle each other all 4 paws spread out (you'd just have to see it) Hopefully I can get some on video to show you what I mean. Needless to say they are BFF- Ace almost licked him to death earlier. :) Here is a pic of them sleeping next to each other.


Trying to take pics for the Christmas card :)

I will upload more videos later- It's just taking too long! :(

Okay fine here's one more. This is the puppy we are watching for our landlords. They bought this sweet LITTLE Yorkshire Terrier for their kids as an early Christmas present. His name is Toby.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, this is my favorite eggnog in the world and I've had it every year since I was 5, so if you try it, tell me what you think. It's super easy to make!!

    6 cups milk
    2 eggs
    1 pkg. vanilla pudding (regular one I think)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/3 c. sugar

    put all those ingredients in a blender and wahlah! I sprinkle nutmeg on top.

    Okay, so as I write this, I've decided I'm going to make some right now and I can dang well tell you I'll drink a whole glass! It's amazing! (yes, real eggs!) :) LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAAAAAAAAAAAA! I can't view the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on Braums egg nog! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, before I read the rest of your blog I have to comment on the first sentence. :) EVERY TIME I drink eggnog, which I also LOVE, I uncontrollably gulp it down. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRINK IT SLOWLY!!! NO JOKES. Almost weird

    --carlie

    ReplyDelete