Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Monday, August 31, 2009

T.J.'s first day of school

T.J. at his "office" before we got it all set up! :) "corner office!!!" haha
T.J. at his Ivy League school




Yay!!!



I wish I had a picture of T.J. on his way to his first day of graduate school! ;) Let me just tell you that I LOVE that T.J. is completely HIMSELF. He isn’t going to conform to what anyone thinks he should look like, etc! Our landlord was giving T.J. SUCH a hard time for his wranglers and cowboy boots (honestly I didn’t think it would be a big deal up here b/c it’s kind of “country”) but oh no :) Tony told T.J. that he thought people only wear cowboy boots on Halloween and that it looks like his jeans were painted on :) HAHA then he told T.J. that he looked like Woody from The Toy Story! J Hahaha- T.J. I’m laughing WITH you not at you! But this was REALLY making me laugh b/c I agree with Tony- T.J. kind of is like Woody J long legs with tight cowboy jeans and boots ;) Tony thinks its crazy that he wears a camo hat too. SO- T.J. is still sporting the wranglers, boots, camo hat and knife in his back pocket at school! He told me his advisor smiled really big when he saw him like “that’s what I miss seeing here!!”

I went up to Cornell today to eat with T.J. (I mean I don’t have that much on going on right now- w/ no job) ;) today my list of things to do is wait for the cable/phone/internet guy and figure out some dinner plans along with taking pics of the house so I can upload them to my first blog that I can hopefully put out today!!

T.J. has A LOT on his plate… he told me he was a little worried about how much stuff he has to do and how I’m going to have to realize that :) but luckily Dr. Fisher (his advisor) also told T.J. that he needs to make sure not to get to enveloped in the study to and to take time for his family (me) J We STILL say at least once a day I CANNOT BELIEVE WE’RE HERE… this is what we wanted SO BAD and God had it in His plan for us!!!

Alright well I’m off to do some cleaning around the house- Ace is slapping all over the keyboard trying to attack my hands while I type and I have to keep deleting and retyping words so I think it’s time to go ;)

LOVE TO ALL!!

3 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    Me, Mom, and James just read this and were laughing out loud. They are going to love TJ up there! Hope you have a relaxing day, love you!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Thanks for making us feel like we're there. I love your updates!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete