Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

the small things...

It's the small things that matter and make you happy, am I not right? :)

T.J. is 3 hrs away all summer long... this means we just get to see each other on the weekends. I love that when I go to see him for the first time he went out and bought a $6 mop, and shower cleaner so he could clean the bathroom up for me :) I LOVE that he made his sweet bed for me, and I love that he swept the whole house and did the dishes... :) it makes me smile and just remember how BLESSED I am to have the husband that I do.

This whole separation thing is not EASY by any means... there have been MANY times that I needed him home... like when CHIPMUNKS were invading the house, etc. Thank you Lord for our friends Jim and Suzy that saved me from these traumatic events and even set up a "room" for me to spend the night at their house if I'm having a lonely night and just want to hang out (and YES I have taken advantage of this more than once) :)

This summer has me already appreciating T.J. in a whole new way. He is working CRAZY hours every day for US and our future... it means so much to me. So while T.J. is tracking fish out here in the Catskill mountains I am at home in Brooktondale working, hanging out with Jim and Suzy, running, and exercising our crazy dogs. You would THINK I would have all this time on my hands now that T.J. is gone but I've sat down ONCE to watch TV since he has left... and why do I go to bed after midnight?! I don't get it...

Well right now I am at T.J.'s house in Phoenicia, NY... T.J. and his tech, Jackie are working and will be "home" soon :) I have spent the day RELAXING, reading and cooking! I will be leaving T.J. with 2 frozen meals (cheesy tuna noodle casserole & chicken divan for you curious readers) and some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Bless their sweet hearts... T.J. and Jackie have been living on PB&J's out here and that is just not acceptable. The other night he ate a frozen meal I prepared and he said it was the first time he felt "full" since he came down here :( sad right!? Phoenicia is a TINY town but SO CUTE. It's a "resort" town so nicer restaurants, spas and small shops but no fast food or big grocery store. T.J. JUST discovered an IGA 2 miles away yesterday and you'd think they struck gold! :)

Off to a "nice" dinner with the husband :) Oh how I treasure these times now!!!

Alright if you are a husband or wife go right now and hug your hunny! Be so thankful that you get to spend your life with them and enjoy all the small things! God is so good! :)

1 comment: