Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Coming to a year...

I can't believe it! In just a few days T.J. and I will be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary! This is insane to me- INSANE. It really does feel like just the other day we got married. I didn't think there was any way to feel closer to T.J. after dating him for over 6 years but lo and behold I do! There is just something that happens when you get married... you really understand what people mean when they say "you become one person", marriage brings you closer then you ever thought possible.

T.J. knows I'm a worry wart- I'm almost paranoid that something is going to happen to him... he doesn't ever ease my feelings either. For instance, yesterday on Father's Day we were at T.J.'s parents pool and I'm watching T.J. about to dive off the board, but as he jumps up he slips and SLAMS- I mean SLAAAAMS the diving board with his face. Please tell me you would go hysterical right?! So I JUMP UP and start screaming "T.J.!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he pops up out of the water laughing... everyone's laughing... it was a joke- apparently he slapped the board with his hand and wanted to look like he died when really he was fine. So of course I start crying- even after I knew he was okay- I WAS SO MAD. Nooooot funny. Boys.


I've realized that I got REALLY lucky- T.J. is clean! I literally couldn't live with someone that didn't clean up after themselves, were dirty, etc- seriously... I can't imagine. THANK YOU T.J.


Anyways- I don't really feel like I have loads of special advice I could tell anyone after being married a year, I'm still learning every day. We've just learned to try and not sweat the small stuff, it's going to be FINE. We've also learned we fight differently... I want to talk it out- get it over with. T.J. wants to just not talk about it for a day or 2- thus putting me in torture for those 1-2 days b/c we aren't talking about it :) Thankfully we rarely argue!

I literally couldn't imagine my life without T.J. and I only get more excited thinking about where we will be on our 2nd wedding anniversary- Stillwater? OKC? NY? (We are in the waiting game in regards to T.J. going to graduate school) I can't wait.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with such a sweet and loving husband!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Early Anniversary!!!!!!!!! im so happy for you two STILL that you are now married. it is seriously the best thing on earth. you are both amazing and absolutely PERFECT for each other and everyone knows it! i love you both!!!

    p.s. i like your first pic :)

    ReplyDelete