Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Downtown Dash

Another day, another race! One thing I have realized is that I need to schedule races for myself or I lose my motivation to run! :) So I signed up for the 10k downtown dash with some family and friends. Race day arrives and T.J.'s dad, Mike has the BRIGHT idea to eat IHOP before the race- Hey, I was hungry- why not?! So after eating my "Senior Rise N' Shine" I think to myself "man I might have ate a little too much...." by this time I'm convincing myself I REALLY should just run the 5k b/c that's what everyone else is doing! Debbie and I deserve a nice "relaxing & fun" run, right? Somehow I convince Debbie this is the plan :) hehehe

The race rolls around and then my stomach starts rolling as well about a quarter mile into it! :) So needless to say DON'T get food- LET ALONE IHOP an hour before you run :) I've never felt that pain/sick to my stomachness before!!



So I did it :) I was REALLY happy we got to just run the 5k - I CAN'T IMAGINE if I ran the 10k!! BARF!!



Pictured from left to right (above)


Logan, T.J.'s cousin won 2nd place in her division! Cheryl her mom did GREAT as she THOUGHT she was going to walk it but she ran most of it! Kandie is to the next to me- basically my sister in law and she did AWESOME for only training a week, her mom Cindy is to the right of me (she did great too) and then Debbie my mother in law is on the far right and she's just a machine and beats me every time! :) T.J.'s dad, uncle and family friend ran it as well but they aren't pictured. (T.J. is still recovering from IT band problems or he would've smoked everyone) ;)


I had never ran a night run and it was cool!! (and still really hot) Thanks everyone for a fun night!!

Debbie reminded me to "put my hand on my hip" and it would make me look smaller :) Great tip!

As I am adding pictures I thought I'd add this one too (below) This is from the 10k in Guthrie "See Spot Run" This was a great run!!!
Left to Right: William Kralik, Cindy Kralik, me, Debbie & Mike Ross (below)





3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Sooooo much fun!!! I can't wait until the next one!!! You did great, friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALLLLMOST did this one! Hannah wanted to do a race for her birthday (what a psycho, huh?). Anyway, so we tried to get people to do it, but they were either party poopers or preggers. In the end, it was only going to be her and I so we backed out and decided to go to dinner instead! :-) Much much better than running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha the next one for sure megan!!!!

    ReplyDelete