Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Friday, June 19, 2009

What friends are for...

So this morning I'm driving to work- 10 minutes late already :) This is what happens when T.J and I don't carpool- I'm late, I don't know WHAT I do different but somehow this happens. So as I'm on my way to work I start craving an iced coffee- which I really NEVER get but since I had the craving I decided to go for it- and the mcdonalds kind- which was way too sweet btw! So after the annoying 15 minute line I get back on the highway only to spill my drink all over my work shirt :) AWESOME. So as I point the ac vents towards my shirt, praying it won't dry black I decide I'm either making a stop at Wal-Mart or calling my good friend Alicia from work to see if she can bring me one of her shirts :)

Alicia is a lifesaver! :) She brought me a shirt and now I am coffee free. This is what friends are for. So after I talked to Alicia I just started thinking about how thankful I am for all my friends and that I can call multiple friends and ask for a shirt to wear, a dress to borrow, have them burn me a cd I like, etc etc etc!

So I started looking for some of my favorite quotes for "friends"-

“The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had.”

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked”

Friends are God's way of apologizing to us for our families.” - this is so messed up! haha I thought it was funny but not true.

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”

“The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”

“A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.”

3 comments:

  1. i love you best FRIEND :)

    sorry about your annoying morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kinds of mornings are the ones where God is saying, "Hey, so I'm still here! Are you going to get angry this morning or realize that you need ME?!" At least that's how it usually goes for me.

    Anyway, I liked the second quote from the bottom the best. Sometimes I get so frustrated that life has led us out of proximity of one another, but it's good to realize that we're never really THAT far away. I love you longest friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. megan that was my favorite quote of them all too :) and I have to admit I don't think I turned to the Lord it that one.. lol whoops!!!

    ReplyDelete