Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Miss me?

I haven't been in the "blogging world" in a couple of weeks- sorry guys! With starting a new job I realized pretty fast that my lazy computer days were over! I'm JUST NOW downloading pictures from NYC and usually I download pictures the day after a trip! I'm realizing that the laundry piles are getting higher, the floors a little dirtier and the furniture a little dustier with this new job! I decided that a question/answer blog will be a good way for me to let you know what is going on in the Ross household!

What is your new job?

I currently work at an optometrist office, I do all the front desk type stuff- I promise it's a lot harder than it sounds!

When does T.J. leave for the summer and how will you hold up?

Well if you didn't know already T.J.'s "job" here will be taking him to the Catskill mountains this summer. He'll be working on his project every day there- this is where he'll get all his "data" to work on the rest of the year when he's back at home with me. He'll be working with brown trout all day long! T.J. leaves sometime the end of May... he'll be gone for about 3 months and I don't even want to think about it still b/c it will be beyond hard for me!!!! I'm such a baby when I have to be by myself for one night! I'm sure I'll go see him at LEAST every other weekend... it is a 4 hour drive though and that is FAR! :( Sooo.. I'll hold up but I'm not gonna be happy about it! I'm sure I'll crash at our friends Jim and Suzy's house a couple times and I'll have people over all the time so I won't be so lonely! Wanna come vacation here for the summer? :) Plenty of room in our house!

What are some dates you or T.J. will be back in OKC?

T.J. will be home for a wedding one of the last weeks in April and I'll be home for about a week or so the beginning of June :) YAY!

Is Boy back?

Boy the kitty isn't back yet... we think something maybe "got him" outside.. and no I haven't fully dealt with this yet!

What are you doing for Easter?

You mean what DID we do for Easter? :) We had a GREAT time with friends! Our great friends Jim and Suzy decided to do a "couples weekend" of Easter festivities! There are a lot of couples our age out here that are all away from family as well so we started events Friday night all the way to late Sunday night! A couple things we did... s'mores, playing guitar around the campfire, greasy hole in the wall diner for breakfast, geo-caching (look it up if you don't know what it is! So fun!), picnicking, game night, Good Friday service, early Easter breakfast service at church and then to end it we did a huge pot luck with all our favorite "Easter food" then dyed eggs and hung out till about 9:30pm Sunday night- it was a busy weekend but definitely one of my favorite and not to mention the weather was AMAZING- I even got a little pink from the sun!!!

How is T.J.'s school coming along?

He's going hard! T.J. is by far the hardest worker and most dedicated person- trust me, he HATES working in an "office" and that's basically what he has to do every day... so even though he'll miss me this summer I know he's SO READY to do the FIELD WORK of this project. He never ceases to amaze me how much he can do for this project.

Are ya'll still eating well/working out?

We are! :) We are trying to do better about working out consistently but considering the weather is starting to get NICE we are out with the dogs a lot and soaking in some vitamin D! I've lost about 8-10 lbs since Jan. and have stayed at this weight for a couple weeks now and feel great! We just weren't watching what we were eating AT ALL before this year and with the changes we've made we feel so great! Loving this fresh organic food out here! Oh but trust me we still "cheat" too- or what fun would that be?! It's all about balance!!

Alright that's it for now.... love you all and miss you so much!!!!!!!!!

Off to get ready for a cook out tonight!

5 comments:

  1. the last comment was actually from suzy on jim's account :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing from you and am so glad that you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love your updates! Questions and answers are definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly!!! I'm SO glad you're doing well!!
    I sure would love to come and visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete