Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yummy Recipe

Okay so the mom of the twins I watch made a really yummy lunch the other day and gave me the recipe- I made it and of course it wasn't as good as hers but still pretty darn good!

This dish is full of colorful bell peppers, little cheese, yummy chicken and pasta of course! :)

Seriously so easy and yummy...

You will need:
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
and heck if you want an orange pepper add one of those too :)
an onion
black pepper
salt
4-5 chicken breasts
spaghetti noodles (I use 100% whole wheat pasta!)
Goya (the brand) Adobo- this is a "mexican" all purpose seasoning- not hard to find at the grocery store.
1 tbs. ketchup
1 tbs. ceasars dressing (I use fat free)
1/4 c. tomato sauce
olive oil

Saute the sliced peppers, sliced onions & seasoning in a little olive oil until soft.

Take the peppers out after they are soft and then cook the chicken in the oil that is left over. (Add more oil if needed)- season chicken with salt and pepper. When the chicken is almost done, add 1/4 c. of tomato sauce, 1 tbs. ketchup, & 1 tbs. ceasars dressing along with maybe 1/4 c. of the leftover water that you boiled the pasta in- (or just hot water). After mixing put the peppers back in and cook another 2-3 minutes. Take this time to shred the chicken breasts up and mix througout! :)

DONE

Sprinkle with a little cold olive oil after you are done and you can even serve with some fat free mozz. cheese sprinkled on top as well.

When I made this I out it back into a casserole dish and put some fat free mozz. cheese on top and cooked at 200 degrees for another 10-15 mins. SO GOOD.

I hope you like it! I'm so sorry I meant to take pics but I forgot!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy and easy!! Can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds SOOOOO yummy!! I'm going to go buy the stuff for it today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girls! I just realized I forgot to tell you to shred up the chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya'll will love it! let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete