Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Friday, January 29, 2010

T.J.'s new ride












Yay! Here you have it. To think T.J. thought he wanted the old body style!? Hah! We ended up getting a HECK of a deal on a silver 2004 F-150 extended cab that has the Fx4 package. The guy that sold it to us took this truck in that he bought brand new a couple years ago to trade in and the dealership wasn't going to give him a good deal so he just listed it a little over what he could've gotten for it at a dealership- luckily we found it fast and long story short it's ours!
We did have to drive 3 hours to pick it up but the drive there went by FAST! The drive back? Oh you mean the drive that my GPS took me on some crazy turns and we ended up extending our trip home by an hour? That drive home was rough. I may or may not have had a mini anxiety attack while driving by myself the last hour b/c it was so snowy I couldn't see where I was on the highway. I may or may not have started crying and praying for God to take the wheel :) "JESSUSS TAKE THE WHEEEEL" Okay seriously though- the roads were getting really bad! We drove 20mph for the last hour. Also why is it when you know you could slide at ANY MOMENT on the roads your eye lids STILL try to close b/c it's 2am?! Shouldn't my body know well enough that they need to stay OPEN?! ANYWAYS we did finally make it home a little after 2am!
T.J. may or may not have also called me 2 or 3 times really mad at me/the GPS for going the wrong ways (It's okay he apologized!)
Oh the memories!!!!!!
Thank you everyone for your prayers on this whole situation! God definitely worked it all out and we're super pumped about the truck! I almost refuse to drive it though, the possibility that I might wreck it scares me too much. Knowing you and your husband have each already gotten in a wreck this winter (I've had a ticket too) you just realize YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE WRONG.. or... who knoooows what will happen! It's actually really scary and I think that's why I had a mini freak out last night (T.J. probably wouldn't call it mini!) :) It's like when you're playing a game and you have 1 life left. You play it so much differently b/c you know GAME OVER if you mess up... that's how I feel when I get in a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Love that truck! Very smart to have 4 wheel drive too :) Thank you so much for the comment a few nights ago. Stress has been overwhelming and I just chose not to deal with it and then had a "mini"-freak out (as you would say)! Your prayers and thoughts mean a lot to me. I'll be thinking and praying for your anxiety about driving to lessen. It is a totally understandable fear though. Love you girl. Hope your having a great weekend and able to spend some good time with your man!

    ReplyDelete