Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Next Wednesday!!!!!!!!!

Just a pretty picture I took on the way to the family I babysit for- they live on a farm.

I'm SO EXCITED less than a week and Mike, Debbie and Troy will be here!!! :) I have lots of cleaning and shopping to do! :) Words can't describe how excited me and T.J. get when family comes to see us (yes it's only happened once so far but still)!!!

Supposedly it's supposed to rain the whole time they're here :( but we'll have fun anyways!!! Debbie sent me a list of things to get for our Thanksgiving meal- she is SO ORGANIZED- LOVE IT!
So I never blogged about the women's retreat I went on a couple weekends ago. Let me just tell you- it was AMAZING. I met some other girls my age and some other women that have the sweetest hearts and I can't wait to get to know everyone even better! I love hanging out with women of all ages and so this was an amazing opportunity I'm glad I participated in! The women that spoke talked a lot about the body of Christ. I truly am feeling the Lord's body lately! It is just amazing how you can be so lonely and then when you're with a group of believers you feel Christ all around you. We can't take this for granted! We had time with small groups too which was great and then a time of "sharing" the last day. I was wondering why the women were passing around tissues before the talk and I realized really fast why! Sob session!!! :) It was great though. Sometimes we feel like we're the only ones going through hard times and then all it takes is for another person to open their mouth and you realize you're not alone. Everyone has struggles and we need the Lord and each other to build each other up! So in a nutshell?! AWESOME! :) The Lord definitely wanted me there.

That is all I have for now- I will leave you with some "Not me Monday moments" that I haven't shared in awhile ;)

It wasn't me that turned the hot water on to defrost some chicken and forgot about it. I definitely didn't hear a weird noise that was coming from the kitchen to find water POURING out from the sink all onto the floor :) whoopsies!

I absolutely don't try the baby food when I feed the little twins :) That would be WEIRD. Who wants to know what baby food tastes like!?

After sharing french fries with my husband on our "night out" and wondering why the fries tasted so funny I definitely didn't realize my husband had poured SUGAR all over the fries instead of salt :) NOPE he definitely knows that the HUGE container with the HUGE hole is for sugar- not salt!

I didn't cry when Taylor Swift won entertainer of ther year... nope.... not me.........

My cat isn't killing MOLES and leaving them outside the door- EWWWWW

I'm also still not convincing Mackenzie the 7 year old I watch to braid my hair b/c no one ever plays with my hair anymore. :) Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to you all!

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, why are you the most perfect wife, friend, daughter, sister, someday mother, etc EVER!!! I loved reading about your women's retreat :) I'm so happy that you are having fun and meeting new friends. They are some lucky women to be sharing my Chupid ;) and also, I totally eat the food that I'm supposed to be feeding the kids that I babysit for too! it's not really "baby food" but I feel kinda bad anyway. I love you so freaking much. Isn't it weird that you are hosting Thanksgiving at your house?? Doesn't that feel too grown up?
    --car

    ReplyDelete