Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving


I am thankful for so many things! Don't worry I'm not going to list them all out, but I am SO THANKFUL. Mike reminded me that we are very RICH no matter WHAT your financial status is! :)
So... the in-laws are now gone. :( This means a sad empty house! I just keep telling myself "2 WEEKS FROM FRIDAY!" B/c I know before we know it we'll be there in OK having the best time.

I won't bore you with a play by play of the weekend but I'll try to give you the overall picture. We ate out at 3 GREAT restaurants, went to a couple falls, went to the farmer's market, wegmans ;), had THANKSGIVING, decorated the tree, and also watched a couple movies. The best movie of them all would have to be BLINDSIDE. I think I liked it the most out of everyone but WOW what a great movie. We did watch Elf too which is a fave!
So funny story... Ace has been very active with killing all the little predators around our house for the past month of so. Mike realized this as he was putting his shoe on and saw a headless mouse next to his feet and it scared him. WELL- as we're leaving to go to a waterfall I'm upstairs and can hear everyone SCREAMING/LAUGHING downstairs.. so I run down to the garage and Troy had put his whole foot in his boot and realized it just didn't fit right- there had to be an old sock in it or something. He then preceded to put his hand in his boot and wrap his hand around something furry. :) Ace decided he'd leave his headless mouse in Troy's boot this time. Troy was NOT HAPPY but really Ace was just trying to be sweet! ;) It was so funny, I don't even WANT to know what would've happened if that would've been me or Debbie's shoe!!!

Mike was very happy b/c we were able to watch the OU/OSU game here on Saturday. But Mike what I don't think you realized is now that we pay however much a month for that channel that we NOW get, 4-5 other hunting channels are available now too that T.J. has already set up to be DVR'ed! Oh geez...he is in there right now watching it as I type... this can't be good!

Troy wouldn't really "wake up" until about 10pm every night. Without fail Troy never got his "second wind" until about 10pm... when everyone else wanted to sleep :) FYI do not wake Troy up unless you want to be on his bad list for the majority of the day! ;) Me and Troy had fun playing "Words with Friends", I have to admit he did smoke me a couple times but I did in fact smoke him a couple times as well! :) We both have a love for word games!

Thanksgiving dinner was great! Debbie made some delicious food! We literally PIGGED OUT. I think Troy's plate was 1/2 a foot high :) I can't wait for next years already. Tonight I am going to try and make THIS- I'll let you know how it turns out!

We took some family pictures and even though the boys were not THAT happy about it we did end up with some good ones! It was fun showing everyone around where we live!

All in all it was great... now starts the countdown of when we go home to OK! :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Glad you got some family time! Ummm...you are WAY calmer than me about there being a headless mouse in my house! WHERE IS THE HEAD?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the head is in aces belly :) SICK I KNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete