Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A week with the Ross'

Time flies :(  Mike and Debbie have already come and gone!

Some highlights of the trip...

*Running 8 miles with Debbie (we DID it!), T.J. and Mike ran 9.
*Pigging out on delicious meals!  (Debbie made her famous homemade pizzas and sent FOUR back with T.J. to eat while he is gone for the summer)
*Watching Inception & The Book of Eli (still quite not sure how I feel about these movies) :)  Overall I liked them though. 
*Getting lost but finally finding our destination- a great restaurant near Cayuga Lake, eating outside on a patio while it POURED rain around us with the awesome sounds of THUNDER (don't get that in NY very much) and lightning.  See pictures below of rain and the RAINBOW after.
*Taking the dogs and relaxing at the Brooktondale swimming hole. 
*Running around the GORGEOUS reservoir at the Catskill Mountains (picture below)
*Staying at a B&B with Mike and Debbie, sharing a room and hysterically laughing until tears into the wee hours of the night!!!  Need I say why? :)
*Playing NERTS with Mike and Debbie from about 9:30-1am Sunday night!!!  Now our favorite game!!!  And yes Mike and Debbie dominated us!

These are just a few of the many fun things we did.  The weekend was full of love and laughter!  Debbie was able to come out a few days before Mike so we enjoyed doing whatever we wanted!  We somehow ended up working out 2 times a day and enjoying all the workout programs Cornell had to offer.  We took a water aerobics class that I was I think the youngest by 40 years!  Ha!  Debbie was probably 10 years younger than them all too!  It was really funny and FUN!  Please imagine us with water belts and 70 year olds!  Needless to say we were the only 2 in 2 pieces! :)  The instructor even asked me if I "got a workout" after it was all said and done!  I did!
I miss them already and I know T.J. was so sad to see them leave.  HOWEVER we will see them again in September!!!  We are all running a 1/2 marathon together in PA!  VERY excited about this!!

Enjoy the pics!


The patio set Mike and Debbie are sitting on was their surprise gift to us for our 2 year wedding anniversary.  I can't WAIT to take advantage of this!  We've been wanting one for awhile!!! 


My little Ace enjoying the outside



This is the gorgeous double rainbow that showed up after the thunderstorm.
I wish I could say I took this picture but I actually found it online HOWEVER this is the EXACT view we had when we ran at the Catskill mountains, tell me that is not the prettiest view ever!  Definitely was motivating to us all I think!        



Mike took this picture with his Iphone- capturing the Esopus river where T.J. works all day!  


The spots would be all the rain falling down on us :)  This was a great dinner at a restaurant near Cayuga Lake.  We topped the evening off with ice cream from a famous creamery nearby!



So nice to spend some quality time with my husband!  I miss him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment