Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Book reviews

A couple weeks ago I posted a blog about the next 3 books I was going to read, "The Host", "Water for Elephants" and "Two From Galilee". In case you are a book lover like me, here is my input on the 3 without spoiling anything! :)


"The Host" definitely a "Sci-Fi" read but I LOVED IT! It did take a little while to "get into it" and I DID have to pay attention pretty hard in the beginning but it was worth it! It's basically about the human race being "hosted" by an alien species and all the adventure that comes with that. The author of this book also wrote the Twilight Saga and that is what made me read this... or else I probably would've never opened it! I can't believe it but I really did love it! It was one of those books that when I finished I was really sad it was over... I "missed" the characters!!


"Water for Elephants"... what a change of pace! This definitely took a little while to "get into" as well... but mostly b/c I was so used to reading about aliens that it was hard to focus back on real life again! :) This book is a fiction book about the life of a man in a circus, what is CRAZY AWESOME is that he is from Ithaca, NY and went to the Cornell vet school! It was SO FUN reading all about Ithaca and it was around the 1920's that the story was placed in which was even better. There are some parts that aren't "easy" to read, obviously there is animal abuse in the circus which is SO SAD and regulations weren't the same back then as now! Overall I am glad I read it. I admit that the last night I sat down to read I started at midnight and put the book down at 2:30 am!!! (and had to wake up at 5:30am!) it was that much of a page turner near the end!


Rumor has it they are shooting a movie based on this book in Ithaca this summer! :) I know that Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson (famous "Edward" from Twilight) is in it... it should be great! :)


Last but NOT LEAST I read "Two from Galilee". I borrowed this book from Grandma Ross and was really excited about it. It is the story of Mary and Joseph that is VERY "real" and told like you are right there with them experiencing this miracle. It's easy to read the story of Mary & Joseph in the Bible and not really feel like it REALLY HAPPENED to 2 ordinary people. This was a page turner and I read it pretty fast. It made me remember that we are ordinary people but can be extraordinary with Jesus. I would recommend this read out of the 3 the most b/c I think EVERYONE would love it. Thank you Grandma Ross for this amazing read! :) Debbie is bringing it back home with her to OK for you!


Posting the next 3 I'll be reading soon...

1 comment:

  1. Great book reviews!!! I especially love what you say at the end..."It made me remember that we are ordinary people but can be extrordinary.." miss ya
    xoxo heather

    ReplyDelete