Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thai food night

It was a success! My friend Claire and I made Thai food for 6 people, and it was a hit! Claire is my SWEET friend that is in T.J.'s dept. at school- luckily for me we've become great friends and share the love of cooking! We had another couple come over (Micah and Heidi- with their little ones, Frances and Lawrence) too- Micah is also in T.J.'s dept. at school- and both couples go to church with us, love them all!
Here are some pics of Claire cooking and then a sweet pic of Heidi and Lawrence and then sweet Frances who I could watch every day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The menu consisted of Thai iced tea, fried shrimp, fried spring rolls, coconut curry chicken, Thai fried rice & fried bananas for dessert (which were SO GOOD)- trust me it was a lot of food and I'm pretty sure we ate almost ALL of it- the dogs had the little leftovers and then they paid for it later if you know what I mean! ;)

Thai food ISN'T the easiest thing to make- luckily Claire has a 25 yr. old wok that is awesome so we used that to make most of the dishes.

Here are some fun pictures of our food :) try not to get tooooo jealous!!




I know I wish you could have been there too~ :)

5 comments:

  1. That all looks awesome. I need the bananas tempura recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. that all looks amazing! i want some now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie all I really did was wrap the bananas in a spring roll rice wrapper (after you follow the directions on those) and fry it up! In the wok- I used fresh oil though- SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete