Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall is here- officially!

Well according to KLOVE fall is officially here around 4:18 pm. We definitely have been feeling it here! During the day the weather is ususally PERFECT but in the mornings- OH MY GOODNESS, it is SO COLD!!!! It was 37 the other night in a town nearby. BRR!!! I have heard it's in the 60's in OK- that sounds SO GREAT! Today it is kind of drizzly and rainy- which I LOVE :) so I'm hoping it stays that way for awhile.

This blog will be very random b/c I have a lot of randomness to talk about! :)

Let's see- I'll start off with church. We found a great church we decided to stick with! The church is called Bethel Grove Bible Church. The church is about a mile down the road from us which is really nice. We go to "Sunday school" (I'm not sure what they call it) and that has been good. We are going over 1st Corinthians right now. The church has 2 different "services" in the morning and I think maybe 200-300 in each service, but it doesn't seem that big. We have met 2 different couple that have invited us to do things. This past Sunday we hung out with an older couple and had venison chili (it was really good!) they had a daughter that was a sophmore in HS and so she hung out with us for awhile too. This was the first couple we really felt was "on the same page" with me and T.J. and I'm not going to lie- that was a comfort! :) The other couple we met is a couple years older then me and T.J., this Saturday we're going to go to their house and do s'mores :) we're excited. ALSO in the next week or 2 the church is starting a "young couples" home bible study so we'll be glad to get involved with that. SO needless to say we're really excited about getting involved and "plugged in" at this church and love meeting other couples.

Okay on to the job front- same ole same ole :) I have been actually GOING OUT and submitting my resumes to some places, so we'll see if that makes a difference in landing a job. T.J. and I feel that if I don't have a job by the first week of October that I'll probably say yes to Tony and Jen (our landlords) and watch their kiddos from 2-5 every day and do some other things for them- what would be IDEAL is if I could do that and have a part time job in the morning!

Skype anyone? :) Mike and Debbie, and my mom and James (which of course includes Heather and Brynn), Julia, Carlie & Sara are our only "friends" on Skype that we have video chatted with. It is SO EASY. If you have a MAC you have NO EXCUSE not to download Skype for free at Skype.com b/c you have a video camera IN your computer :) if you don't have a camera in your computer (we didn't) we bought one at Best Buy for 39.99 and it works GREAT! This is a great way for us to communicate with our friends and family and we love doing it! Think about it ;) If you do have it- add us as a contact, our name is "NYNEWBIES" :)

T.J. is swamped with school work as usual- especially this week. He is even going to miss Biggest Loser tomorrow night!! :) He has to go to a lot of extracurricular activities that normally you wouldn't go to- but he needs to "network" and do it for the department he is involved with... I am able to help him input a lot of data in Excel so I'm glad I can help him a little at least!!

I don't have any new pictures but I do have a video I took of T.J. and the doggies the other night- nothing that fun but just a "ritual" they do all the time. I caught them AFTER the dogs were freaking out attacking him :) but notice the doggies little tails WAAAGGGGGGING :) lol



2 random things that are different from OK-

#1 People in the north don't tend to say "bye" when you get off the phone- this makes me laugh really b/c I "got on" to Susan Werner about this when I lived with them in NC- I WAS NOT used to people just HANGING UP without a salutation- I NEED an "okay- see ya!" or "buh-bye" but you don't normally get that here :) Susan started saying goodbye after I told her I need that, lol but I just got a message from Jen our landlord and it made me smile b/c she just ended a sentence and hung up- no goodbye or anything. What is with that?! :)

#2 I don't know what brought this up but I was talking with T.J. last night and he was telling me how he's learned so much more vocabulary being up here. Here is the bottom line- yes, people are smart up here (Cornell is an ivy league school so that's obvious) BUT the difference is that they MAKE IT KNOWN. I have noticed this a little but T.J. has seen it a lot more. When you talk to people it's like "what crazy long words can I use to look as smart as possible"? :) Obviously as you can tell this REALLY gets on my nerves. But I am not a smarty pants, I want to understand what you are saying. There is no way I am going to try to impress you and make you think I'm really smart. That is how I feel a lot of people here are ;) But they probably honestly don't even think about it- they are just thinking I'm hick or something, and that's fine! I just am used to the smart people in OK that don't try to broadcast it.

Alright I'm off to do some more cleaning today! Yesterday I swept, swiffered & wet jetted all the floors/stairs (I have a blister to prove it!) and so today I am off to do the bathrooms and dust.

One funny quote from T.J. this week that made me laugh, "Kelly can you buy me some underwear this week, I've never bought them before- do they come in boxes, bags??? I'm 24 and I've never bought my own underwear....I don't even know what size I wear" :) HAHA Debbie I can blame you for this ;)

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe he already needs new -- what's up with that? That 100 pair didn't last long ha, ha. I guess after you cleaned out drawers in Guthrie it didn't leave much! Both boys used to be so, so picky hopefully that has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha this is a great blog! i enjoyed every second of it!! hahah!! you guys LOVE those dogs sooo much!! and kelllllyyyy, you ARE smart but I know what you mean :)
    and hahahaha tj doesnt even know what size he wears!!! hahahah!!!
    love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. debbie he has like 2 FULL DRAWERS of them don't worry but this might be a little TMI for sara but he wants "whitey tighties" now b/c the boxer briefs get all hard to coordinate with his tight wranglers!!!! hahaha oh my word so funny- k I pray T.J. doesn't read what I just said :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or anyone else -- oh no! Have a great day and I'll get back with you tomorrow on our conversation today.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly! Was that TJ growling?? lol, thats too funny. And I REALLY don't get that people don't say BYE on the phone. I've NEVER had people do that to be but I have noticed that people do it on the movies and TV, I just didn't realize people ACTUALLY do that. Well, I think we should be proud that we take the time for that courtesy :) You better say bye to me on the phone!! :)

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. prrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeecious jade just laying there watching troop and tj at the end!!!!!! she is so so soooo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha kendi i knoooow she is a sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete