Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Friday, September 11, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY T.J.!

Here is the cake I made T.J. for his 24th bday! Yellow cake with funfetti chocolate icing! :) and that is a heart on top of it if you can't tell!
T.J. had to go to the Esopus creek on his bday which stinks b/c he was gone all day but in all reality he loves it there (where his project is based) so he had a fun day! We had a yummy dinner (chicken lasagna, red neck potatoes and more!) and of course finished with this yummy cake! We even opened T.J.'s parents present over Skype so they watched him open the awesome photos that Debbie had enlarged and framed from the waterfalls and more.

Right now I am doing the usual! Looking for jobs online, emailing friends, making a list of errands to run and of course I'll go eat lunch with T.J. at Cornell around 11:30 :) I REALLY NEED TO GET A JOB. I'm starting to feel the panic coming. It's hard TURNING DOWN a job when you don't know when the next offer will be. Our landlords offered me a good amount of money to watch their kids from 1-5 M-F and cook 3-4 meals a week, do laundry, etc. As awesome as that sounds- I don't think I will stay sane doing that! I NEED interaction with people and I need to exercise this brain of mine somewhere!! So we're just praying that the Lord will bring something to me and we're staying faithful and hopeful of what's to come!

Last weekend we took the dogs out and here are some pictures- and yes, that is a bloody paw :) Troop SLICED OFF a chunk of his toe pad!!!! We didn't even knoooow until we were leaving and there were bloody footprints! He never complained or anything- you know Jade would've laid down and made us carry her! Troop just ran around like he was never injured! He is so tough!!





So Ace the kitty is crazy! Last night I was watching Mackenzie and Darren (Tony & Jen our landlord's kids) and they started yelling at me to come outside! Okay these kids LOVE Ace, they think he is SO FUN- and he is :) So I go outside to our back deck and lo and behold Ace is next door in our neighbors backyard in his stalking position- dead still and crouched down. So there is a 6 point buck coming near Ace just NOT sure what this little guy is. We then watch the buck walk ALL the way up to Ace- NOSE TO NOSE- Ace then jumps up like he's going to attack him!? I mean Ace just thinks he's invincible obviously!!! The buck JUMPS back and up so you can see his whole belly. Then he comes back and is just basically toying with Ace. The buck ends up leaving so Ace just stalks/plays with the does for the next 30 minutes! I swear that cat thinks he's a deer one minute, a dog the next minute and then a human when he's with us! I LOVE HIM :) Here is a picture of when the buck backed away- (wish I would've caught the thing on film!)

Okay- I'm off to get ready for the day- and it's 10:43 am- oh dear. I really don't sleep in I promise! I've just run out of things to do!

EXACTLY 3 WEEKS TILL MY MOM AND JAMES GET HERE... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay you didn't have to show the paw. That was a nasty cut. I hope it doesn't get infected! I laughed the whole time I read the blog about Ace, he just cracks me up. A little spooking a deer, who would have thought. I'm also off for the day to get things taken care of, bank, post office, etc. etc. T.J. is much better about letting you take pictures than Mike is -- he hates his picture taken. Don't ever stop taking pictures of each other. Make sure you are lots of them also -- we love to see your face just as much.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweet girl- so i just spent the past little while catching up on ross life. i'm so happy for y'all- cornell and ny! how exciting! :)
    you're right that you shouldn't take a job --esp when the people are so closely connected to you--that you don't want.
    the lord will be faithful.
    it was fun to get a peek into your life. looking forward to the next post :) xo

    ReplyDelete