Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hard boiled eggs

Do you know the smell of rotten eggs? You're driving down the road (especially around 63rd and Rockwell somewhere in N. OKC!) and you smell sewage or just that ROTTEN EGG SMELL?! :)


WELCOME TO MY LIFE!!!


In case you didn't know if you have sulfur in your water this will make your water SMELL and TAAASTTEEE like rotten eggs. At first it wasn't bad, it started in the bathroom sinks... but now it has taken over the water in the washing machine and this is where it has to end... THE SHOWER. OH MY WORD. So the WHOLE time I'm taking a shower this morning I am just telling myself that the smell is actually hard boiled eggs and not rotten eggs so I could "make it through" the shower w/o gagging!


ANYWAYS- the landlords are supposed to fix this, they actually pay a service to MAKE SURE there isn't sulfur in the water and they obviously aren't doing the job! So they'll fix it soon hopefully!! I pray it's not like this when my mom and James come out!


The only good thing is that mosquitos won't bite you if you drink sulfur water... so I guess that's good?!?!?! Thank goodness for our Brita!


Okay that's it :) just annoying part of the morning!!

Here is a picture of Ace doing what he likes to do best- getting into the TRASH!


3 comments:

  1. Hope your day goes better. We are always thinking about you guys. These are the things that you will remember and sit around the table like at Ross gatherings and tell story after story. Journaling is great -- wish I had done it! Especially as I get older and my memory gets shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way --- Lots and lots of love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. kelly i laughed out loud picturing you telling yourself that its just hard boiled eggs and not rotten eggs. i used to stay in this cabin with sulphur in the water and i will never forget the smell. brushing my teeth literally made me gag!!! i hope they fix it soon for you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete