Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Job Interview #1!

My job interview today went well! It was at Ithaca Medical Group which is a private practice that helps cancer patients. The office is actually IN the hospital here in Ithaca, but they aren't directly associated with the hospital. Basically a girl is going on maternity leave and they need a temporary administrative assistant to fill in for her- BUT the position would be for 9-12 months, with a GOOD chance of continuing to work there after.

I felt like the interview went great. I was asked A LOT of questions- "What are you strengths/weaknesses", "How would your previous coworkers/boss describe you", "What is the biggest work challenge you've faced?" All the annoying typical questions!!! :) Don't worry one time I forgot what I was answering!!! LOL I don't think she noticed but I was just like "Oh my gosh Kelly come ON!" :) just typical me.


My face always hurts after I interview too... there is just way to much smiling going on!!! :) It was SO NICE to mess up my hair and put on a hoodie and sweats after!!


Okay so anyways- it REALLY did go well and I TRULY hope to hear back from them! It's a 8 hr day including a paid lunch :) anyways- I'll tell you more about it if I get it!


I have 2 more to knock out next Tuesday and hopefully I will hear something from one of them!!


Okay so onto something totally different :)


My friend Crystal made a "Bucket list" yesterday and so I'm going to copy her! Here are 10 things I would like to do/achieve before I go to be with the Lord!


1. Have a healthy family that is raised in OK ;) (sorry T.J.)





2. Bring as many people as I can to the Lord





3. Live on 200+ acres in a house T.J. and I build :) (his DREAM)





4. Travel to as many places as possible! (Australia, Africa, I could go on and on)





5. Get a job that I am HAPPY at





6. Stay very close with my family





7. Live in God's will (okay sorry this should be #1) ;)





8. Be on Wheel of fortune (YES I SAID IT!)





9. Stay FIT





10. Love the Lord my God with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength!!!!!!


On to ANOTHER note :) I mentioned yesterday that I like to have a picture in every blog and now I am "without" a picture SOOOOOOOOO I'm going to post a picture of one of my best friends ever- Sara Schakelaar. Sara is in Slovenia right now serving our Lord. She is ironically living with my cousin Brooke (Brown) Stevens and Brooke's husband Johnny (who are both missionaries in Slovenia.) She has been there around 4 months now and will be there until December. Can I ask you to pray for her on some certain things??



*God's will for Sara! (Sara needs to hear God's calling on what he wants for her after she leaves Slovenia)

*Her ankle- Sara was training for a 1/2 marathon and rolled her ankle (pretty bad) and needs to rest awhile... she is afraid that with the time off she won't be able to do the 1/2 marathon. I have TOTAL FAITH she can. I experienced having to take time off while training for a 1/2 marathon and God carried me through that race!!

*Her health- Sara is very healthy but she did have a sinus cold/infection- just that the Lord will keep her healthy as she is serving Him in another country.

*Her outreach- Sara has done SO GOOD in meeting people, making friends (which is obvious b/c who DOESN'T want to be Sara's best friend?!) But that the Lord will show these girls that there is something special about Sara (and that is the Lord's life in her) and that they will come to know His life.

Here is Sara's blog if you want to check her out ;) Let's continue to pray for her and her time in Slovenia! He can do WONDROUS things through any of us!

2 comments:

  1. kelly michelle ross.
    thank you. i don't know what else to say. you are such a blessing in my life.

    ReplyDelete