Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Little Struggle!

So I'm going to be honest! I'm really missing OK!!! I teared up driving yesterday looking at BEAUTIFUL upstate NY and I was honestly wishing I was staring a an ugly ole highway with plains all around!!! LOL More then missing Oklahoma, T.J. and I both are really just missing our "comfort" that we had in OK. With family and friends everywhere it was so easy to just be "comfortable" and not worry about anything or stretch ourselves- BOY IS IT DIFFERENT HERE.

I REALLY miss being with people that LOVE THE LORD- okay I KNOW people love God here in NY :) BUT we don't have those friends yet and let me tell you, developing relationships with people that don't know God and don't believe much of ANYTHING that T.J. and I believe is hard, especially when they are AGAINST it. My heart is tearing for these kids I'm spending time with that might never know Jesus- all I can do is pray that I SOMEHOW sow a seed in them and that they become friends with christian children. THIS is what I struggled a lot with yesterday. That and kind of being dragged into a "debate", and people- I DON'T like debating. That's just that- so maybe the Lord is trying to teach me something!!

So as I'm SO SAD yesterday I come across my friend Amanda's blog. Amanda is GREAT and her blog "It's not about Circumstance" really touched me! You should read it if you have time. Here is the MAIN part I enjoyed- "True joy and lasting contentment does not come from my circumstances, it comes from the only true source, God." I haven't been concentrating on that at all lately! I need to TRUST God completely and rejoice NO MATTER my circumstance.

SO! That was my yesterday. Today I am experiencing my first day of not much to do! Still job searching... I actually got a call back today from a medical billing company that wants to hire me but it was LITERALLY the one interview I had that I thought "okay I DON'T want to work here..." so ... we'll see. I'm going to eat lunch with T.J. at Cornell (they have AMAZING food) :) and then I'm going to run some errands for T.J. HIS BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW! I'm excited for him!!! 24!!! WOWSERS!

Oh yes one more thing- I am officially cooking not only for T.J. but my landlords now :) HA! So I've been helping them out with watching their kiddos before school started and I did some cooking for them too. They have offered to pay me AND pay for the groceries that go into at least 4 meals a week (which will provide for me and T.J. too). This is a GREAT deal b/c all I have to do is double the recipe I'm making for T.J.! So funny!!

I'm off! The price is right is on and it's the showcase showdown! Can't miss that! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, I read Amanda's blog yesterday too and it was like-- BAM! slap in the face! I needed to read that. I've had such a hard time trusting that our situation will improve. Anyway, sounds like you should be NANNYING with all of the domestic engineering you have going on up there :) I so wish I was a good cook! You nannying in New York makes me think of the movie "The Nanny Diaries" btw. Let me know if you find a family by saving their kid at the park-- that would be creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, you are going to set the best example for these people and I know TJ will too. Just take it a day at a time, I'm sorry you are overwhelmed. I'm really proud of you and TJ, I just love you too so much. I'm going to ask mom if she can get skype at the house, love you! :)
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I am a church friend/cousin of Houston and Betty..I read your blog and let me tell you it is very hard when God Stretches us!!! It like being out of shape and doing exercises for the first time. Getting out of your comfort zone is the most difficult thing to do, but when God puts us somewhere,it is for a reason and I just want to incourage you to be patient and lean on Jesus...your only true source. You never know who's life you will touch for the good of the Kingdom...hang in there!!! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie,

    thank you so much!!! you are exactly right!! there is a reason for this season in our life!! I am trusting in HIM and allowing myself to be stretched!!! :) so glad you are reading our blog!

    ReplyDelete