Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Friday, October 9, 2009

10/5/09

October 5th, 2009 was not a good day for Kelly Ross.

It all started with my mom and step dad leaving to go back to OKC.

Okay so I didn't really mention to anyone on October 2nd (a Friday) that I accepted a position at a construction company. The construction company needed an administrative manager. They needed someone to basically RUN all the bookkeeping side of the business plus SO MUCH MORE. I felt overwhelmed before I even started but after talking to T.J. we thought this would be a GREAT opportunity to learn so much and gain some awesome experience. Plus if T.J. was struggling every day I can learn to struggle too. :)

Alright.. day 1. I motivate myself and head over to the boonies (the office is in his basement... is this a bad sign already?!) I pass the house b/c of wait it's in the woods and nowhere to be found. Alright so let me clarify something really fast. The guy was REALLY nice and I felt comfortable with his family and the company or I NEVER would've "signed up" for this. (I know lots of serial killers are probably "nice") ;) T.J. knew the address where I was ;) So after getting a tour of the house I was led into a cold unfinished basement- my OFFICE :) Okay I don't need to bore you with the details but lets just say throughout the day I realized this WAS NOT the job for me... dirty old basement.. tiny old laptop... STUFF EVERYWHERE from the past 3 years that I was supposed to go through.... the list goes on and on. Needless to say I started feeling very uncomfortable. So I talked to my friend Tamara on the computer and she convinced me to QUIT!!!!!!! :) LOL- SO I left for the evening and the guy I was working for proceeded to give me a "high 5!" and tell me how much I rock and how he's SO EXCITED with everything I'm doing and we're going to do awesome... So I say "OKAY COOL! SEE YOU TOMORROW!" with a smile on my face... 15 seconds later out of the driveway that smile turns into a frown as I start bawling :) LOL I was so pathetic.

SO! Anyways- yes I started a job and quit in the same day. WOW. That was a first. So having that conversation with A.J. was NOT a fun one... especially when he didn't get my email the first night and called to see where I was the next day ;) We talked- we're cool, but he was "very disappointed" but me?! I was jumping up and down I was outta there!!! SO the plan now is to babysit our landlords kiddos M-F from 2-5. How easy is that?! I'll still cook, maybe do some laundry, etc. I'll actually be getting paid MORE for this then the other job anyways! God is good! It took that HORRIBLE experience for me to realize what I really do want to do right now.

Let's see... right now Ace is sleeping on my laptop as I type ;) T.J. is at school and I'm going to pick him up early today :) Yay! We are having a couple over (Titus, Amy and their son Tor) tonight for enchiladas- it should be fun! Tomorrow T.J. is taking Jade out to hunt and he's SO EXCITED about that. We also might go with the Rich's (landlords) to the Cornell football game (we play Harvard).

We're doing good up here :) We had so much fun with my mom and James up here and are now looking forward to Mike, Debbie and Troy coming up here!

Also mark your calendars!! We officially have tickets to OKC this winter! (Dec. 18-27th)

Here is a video of when we were at Ithaca Falls ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Yes, the Lord is good! So awesome that you will be able to be with their kids and getting paid more! I LOVED being a nanny...so fun! Definitely a good way to spend your time :) Also, it sounds like you will have time in the morning for sleeping in, housecleaning, etc. LOVE IT! You are blessed, my sweet friend!! I will be praying for you guys! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a bad job experience. I probably wouldn't have stayed as long as you did. That was kind of creepy. The nanny job should be much better! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st- thanks for the sweet comment. 2nd- I would have quit too!! But maybe after I'd filed everything away-- I'm a little ocd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to attempt to teach you to put up a pic correctly.. LOL. If I fail, which in turns makes your picture-putting-up fail, blame me.. because I'm not the best teacher... Ok..

    Sign in.. Look under the options to make a new post.. Click "layout" It should bring a box in the middle of the browser. In the top-middle, you'll see the name of your header. Click "edit". You'll have a box pop-up. You should have an option to upload an image and to center it, bring it to the front, etc... upload, save, and then mess with it by viewing your blog and then going back to edit if you need to.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay crystal I am going to attempt this... ;)

    ReplyDelete