Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Friday, October 30, 2009

TGIF

YAY! I can breathe a sigh of relief- T.J. has presented at school and so that means a whole lot less stress around here! T.J. had to present to about 40 "important" people about his project, what he'll be doing, etc. He spent a lot of time on the presentation and he said it went very well! It was about 20 minutes long with a Q and A segment after. We are just going to RELAX tonight- maybe go to Chilis to celebrate.. we will see ;) This is what T.J. did to our mirror while he was presenting. He said that he didn't like seeing himself present so he had to put a blanket over the mirror ;) Also I had to turn the TV on for awhile b/c he wanted to practice (w/o me hearing) a couple times before he presented to me. HE DID GREAT! :) PHEWF!

This was my first week watching the twins! They are so cute! They are almost 11 months old and very active. The boy is Donny and the girl is Emmi- here is a picture of them passed out... this is the best time ;) I LOVE the mom- she is SO SWEET. God blessed me with this job! Even though I had to change a couple "#3" diapers today I still love them! That was NOT fun- trying to breathe through your mouth as your face is right by this DISGUSTING diaper... and the baby is squirming and the mom is looking at you... ugh- that will take some getting used to!!!

Well I have decided since I babysit MWF 8-12 now, and then 2-5 M-F then I am going to volunteer at church on every other Tuesday for "MOPS" I can't remember exactly what it stands for but something like.. Mothers day out type of thing. It's only for about 2 1/2 hours and I think it will be great. When the lady called me today to tell me they would love my help she said I was "an answer to prayer" THANK YOU LORD! :) I'm so happy God gave me the schedule to be able to help these moms who just NEED a few hours to go grocery shopping or some rest! Another thing I decided to do is go on a women's retreat our church is having this next weekend. I literally don't think I know one woman that is going! It is DEFINITELY out of my comfort zone but I think it will be so great- and a great way to make some friendships as well.

Should I start the countdown? ;) Less then a month until Mike, Debbie and Troy will be here!!! We are BEYOND excited- having family and friends come out here IS THE BEST feeling.

Okay I better go- I can hear the kids SCREAMING outside. They love playing with the dogs but sometimes it just gets a little too rough!!!

Love you all!


2 comments:

  1. sounds like great things are happening in ny! GO ROSS FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture of the twins sleeping! so cute :)

    ReplyDelete