Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Duck season is officially open!

Has T.J. quit smiling all day? No he hasn't! He is SO EXCITED b/c today was the first day of duck hunting. He limited out and was SO HAPPY. Now we have duck to eat... but I don't like it! He will have to eat it all by himself! T.J. takes great pride in bringing home our meat for the year! I have to admit I'm ready for him to get a deer or 2 so we will have meat all year and I can stop buying beef at the grocery store. This way is a lot CHEAPER and SO MUCH healthier. We had fresh bacon this morning and it was SO GOOD. (Tony brought a freezer full of pork to us) OH! I almost forgot! :) T.J. took Troop (pictured below with me) as his hunting partner today (and his friend Brian) Troop retrieved the ducks! He is so smart! Troop was SO HAPPY! :)

Here is T.J. in his glory-



Last night we had over 2 couples. Brian and Claire and Jim and Suzy. Claire is in T.J.'s department at school and so we have hung out with them a couple times and we met Jim and Suzy at church. We invited Brian and Claire to come to church with us and they have gone the past 2 weeks so hopefully they'll keep coming! We had a great time eating dinner (mexican pizza) and then watched Wicker Park. We had a great time just hanging out!


Tonight we just ordered a pizza and we're going to hang out. T.J. is at Cornell right now so I'm just waiting for him to get home!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Nice outfit, T.J. Makes a mom proud! OBU gold and green (wonder where that green paint came from?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly :) - I found your blog thru Megan M. and have been keeping up with you for the last few weeks. I love your stories :) Anyways, a couple of years ago my sisters husband made me duck wrapped in bacon. It was super good! The bacon kinda took away from the gamey taste. Anyways, you should try it since you have so much of both now!
    Love you! Miss you!
    -Patrice

    ReplyDelete