Mother's hold their daughters hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time with my mom and James!

There aren't words to type on how awesome this past weekend was! It was BEYOND amazing to see my mom and James! It's funny how you think you miss someone and then when they're HERE and they leave... you realize HOW homesick you really are!!! I literally cried myself to sleep Sunday night knowing they were leaving at 6am the next day!!!!! BUT we had lots and lots of fun while they were here!!

Friday my mom and James got here about 4 or 5 pm and so we showed them the house and then headed off to eat dinner at a local restaurant we heard was really good right off the lake. It was yummy! Fish fry heaven! Then it was off to get some yummy icecream :)

Saturday we took my mom and James to see the Cornell campus, to a waterfall (Ithaca falls), Wegmans :) and a couple other places. James was a trooper b/c he was sick this WHOLE time but he stuck it out with us the whole weekend :)

The trees are about a "5 out of 10" in how pretty they are getting so they get to enjoy the gorgeous views. We rented a couple movies, they took some walks and mostly we just HUNG OUT. Sunday we went to the Farmer's Market which we love and experienced different foods, vendors, and people. :) Haha it was funny to see my mom and James as confused as T.J. and I were about recycling when we moved here! There are about 4 different trashcans you have to figure out where to dump your "trash". I still look at the pictures above each trashcan b/c I haven't mastered it yet! This is where my mom screamed at James b/c she realized he was about to put his coffee cup in the dog waste trashcan :) hahaha so funny!

The weather was chilly one day and really really nice another. I am SO GLAD they were able to see where we live and experience our every day life! :) We miss them so much!! I'm still "debbie downer" right now.
This video is from Saturday afternoon I think :) I came out from being on the computer to find my family comotose!

I am going to upload more pics to facebook just FYI :)
So are you jealous?! Do you want to come take an awesome vacation to NY?!?! Come to the Ross house free of charge! ;) Mike and Debbie and Troy are coming in November (we'll be home Dec. 18-27) and then Heather and Brock will come in March. We can take a bus to NYC- drive to Niagra Falls :) SO FUN! You should think about it! ;)

3 comments:

  1. haaha so funny! the video, i mean... sad about your family... i KNOW how you FEEL!!!!! and i am sorry!
    and you spelled november wrong just in case you were wondering... but i am the worst at making mistakes so i have no room to talk! you just never do so i wanted to point it out! :)
    LOVE YOU SO MUCH KELLY MICHELLE BROWN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KELLY!!!!!!!!! You're video was CREEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Hehehehehe! JK! You crack me up...I seriously read your blogs and giggle to myself in my/your office! LOVE TAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. sara did you know you put brown and not ross ;)

    ReplyDelete